vendredi 8 novembre 2013

Dumno - Cet Atebertas

Ever wanted to know what it would feel like to be cut in half in one single blow by a demented, laughing, entirely blood-soaked, 1m90 tall and 120kgs Gallic warrior ?
I'm pretty sure that some of you already reenacted in your heads great battles with dudes like the one I just depicted, joyfully ripping each other guts, with a good soundtrack, am I right ?
Yeah, I know that YOU know exactly what I'm talking about.
I can see it in your eyes. THROUGH MY FUCKING COMPUTER SCREEN.

Anyway, I got something for you. Something that will perfectly fit to this "pagan-historical" theme, you geeky, Tolkien-fed, psycho freaks.


Dumno is a young French band coming right from the city of Poitiers, where Charles Martel kicked the shit out of the Saracen's arses in 732 A.D., and these fierce bastards deliver some Pagan Black Metal goodness. They released Cet Atebertas, their first 5-titles EP, through Atavism Records, a great Burgundian label specialized in Underfuckin'ground Black Metal.

So, like I said, Dumno plays Pagan stuff. A war-themed, kinda raw, abrasive, atmospheric, lancinating, Pagan Black Metal driven by the spirits of ancient Celtic Gods, consisting of fast riffs, cold as a sword's blade stucked in your butt, brutal drum-hammering, and vocals alterning banshee-like screeching passages and ferocious growl. Yeah, nothing less than that.

Cet Atebertas is a pretty solid release, knowing that it's their first one, and I can't wait to hear more from them. Of course, as always, I can't help but bitching about the duration, but I guess 25 minutes of music is long enough for an EP.
That being said, the overall production sounds a little weak sometimes, but it doesn't affect the quality of the composition and these guys' work.
On a side-note, the fourth track, "L'Ancienne Race", is a cover of the well-known Ukrainian band Hate Forest, and they did a great job on this one too.

So, if you're craving for some good Pagan Black Metal stuff, grab your fucking credit card, and BUY IT, GODDAMMIT. It's worth a shot, you can trust me.




Available here. Just send an e-mail to Atavism Records for the details.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire